51. It is sad to me that I work with a group of ladies that have never seen the Star Wars series. There is much Star Wars humor out there, funny videos, and references that go right over their heads.
52. I have to be careful of what movies I watch. I have one of those overactive imaginations you hear about. Lance and I went to the theater and watched The Sixth Sense and I didn’t sleep AT ALL. I just layed there and waited for the sun to rise. Then, while in the shower, I actually made Lance wake up and sit in the bathroom with me.
53. This whole scary-movie thing started in the 1st grade when I paid $1.00 to watch Watcher In The Woods, at my school. They told us it was a Disney movie. Except, this was a Disney movie that gave me nightmares about “Karen”, a character in the movie who wore white and a blindfold. I saw her everywhere. She was lying in the bathtub, in my bed, standing in my closet. So my mom took me to counseling.
54. Actually, this probably all started when I began watching Sesame Street. There was a big blue monstery guy and he gave me nightmares.
55. Sometimes I convince myself that my whole issues with scary movies are over and I sit and watch something like The Ring and I am lying awake all over again, waiting for the sun to rise.
56. Books can be this way, too. When I read It, by Stephen King, I had nightmares for three weeks. If you watched the movie, it was NOTHING compared to the book. That Mr. King knows how to scare the crap out of you.
57. Speaking of Sesame Street, I just love those alien creatures that say “phone, phone phone”, “Yep, yep, yep” “hey, hey, hey”…wouldn’t it be fun to just randomly bust out in some alien Sesame Street phrases? If I know I’m about to lose my job, I may just do that.
58. And let’s go back to scary Disney movies. Anyone see Something Wicked This Way Comes? That was another scary/freaky/give me nightmares movie.
59. When I was seven, I went to a friend’s house in my neighorhood who was much older. She was having a sleepover and all of them were watching a movie called Return of the Zombies. When I walked out of her house, I can remember being terrified. I didn’t watch another Zombie movie until I saw Shaun of the Dead, which was pretty funny.
60. When I watch scary movies, to this day I will put my hands over my face and watch between my fingers. Am I a dork, or what.